Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Q & Ages 25 & Up #18: June 2010

Previous Q&ANext Q&A

I'm ready to answer you! Well, not YOU exactly, unless if you're one of the curious readers who submitted their questions for this month's Q&A. Read on!

Question #1 - Monkeywrench asks:
Have you ever considered making Signatures for your readers? You have made some great sigs before, promoting your comics. I think it would be a great idea to share these or make special sigs for your readers to represent your work. I would definitely rock a Cap or BF sig. What do you think?

1337W422102 answers:
I like the sound of that! I had made some sigs a LOOOONG time ago, about the time I first started the comic's blog, but I didn't plug them because I didn't want to sound like a dick trying to push his crudely-Photoshopped comic, know what I mean?

I have made a few, which you can see here and I've a buddy of mine rocks the modified Freddie Mercury one on another message board.

If ANYONE wants a sig, let me know what you'd like. Better yet, if you have a specific photo in mind and could tell me which comic it was from, that'd speed up the process! In the meantime, you can browse the sigs I've made already and see if there are any that could me modified to suit you.


Question #2 - Monkeywrench asks:
The SDCC Sgt. Slaughter has gotten a lot of interest from collectors. What’s the chances that he might show up in Ages 25 and Up?

1337W422102 answers:
Zero. I'd have to use my oldschool Sarge figure if he were to show up.


Question #3 - Monkeywrench asks:
Marvel has been represented well in your Universe. What’re the chances of Dr. Doom showing up? His figure is pretty badass and would be a great addition to your comics.

1337W422102 answers:
Thanks! His figure looks great, but I don't have it. At least not yet. If I get him, I'd try to fit him in and yell "RICHAAAAAAARDS!!" at someone. Which Joe's filename is Richard, again?


Question #4 - Monkeywrench asks:
If you could go to any toy company and have them make 1 figure where you have complete control over, who would you make and why? What accessories would they have, what features and most importantly: How would you use them in your comics?

1337W422102 answers:
No offence, guys, but if I could do this, it would be PURELY for me and not for the comic. I'd get a highly-detailed, insanely poseable 12" figure of... Geez, I don't know. Too many to choose from! Rick Deckard from Blade Runner, Marvel Comics' Freelance Peacekeeping Agent Death's Head, a metallic and shiny Samus Aran...

Deckard would have detailed trenchcoat, his service blaster, opening suitcase VK machine, and an origami unicorn. Death's Head would have his wrist-mounted attachments (axe, morning star, spear, etc.), his Shott Blaster, some handheld weapons, and his pet raven. He'd have to have a light-up eyes feature, too. Samus would just be extremely poseable and have lights everywhere. A removable helmet/unmasked head would be cool. Maybe some Missile attachments, a Grappling Beam, and the Metroid Hatchling in its container from Super Metroid. Her stand could look like the base of a Save station, only it would have an arm to support her for aerial poses and whatnot.


Question #5 - Sparhawk asks:
How will PoC, Resolute, and Renegades affect your strip?

1337W422102 answers:
Not sure yet. I won't be hyping anything like I did for Resolute (talk about getting Rickrolled...), but I might drop a reference here and there. Some of the figures might show up in the comic, but that's pretty much it.


Question #6 - Sparhawk asks:
Have you given any thought on making political hotbed statements, via your toys? Such as the BP oil spill, major sports games, and/or quotes of the day? We wanna know what you think.

1337W422102 answers:
I'd really rather not. I'd rather have people be able to just enjoy the comic for what it is rather than be subjected to my own opinions. But, here's something I made for another board about how I feel about a current major sporting event:

CLICK ON COMIC TO ENLARGE
Click to see full size
That's right, folks. You're getting two comics this week. Hope you enjoy 'em.


Question #7 - Sparhawk:
Just how do you take your coffee?

1337W422102 answers:
Hot. Very hot. Like, so hot you have to modify it to get it that hot.


Question #8 - Ctrl Z asks:
The P.I. Joe story is getting a lot of good feedback. How many more of these can we look forward to? And do you think you’ll ever be able to top it?

1337W422102 answers:
Thanks, guys! I'm real pleased that you're enjoying the story. I've wanted to do this for a long time and would have sooner, but I felt I should leave it for the summer so I could give it the time I felt I would need to make it good.

P.I. Joe's film noir story will end with Part 6. I don't know what else will feel quite like it. Well, other than that short story I posted a while back. I'm not sure if I'll be able to top it, but what I'm cooking up for #100 might come close. Well, maybe.

Big round of applause to everyone who helped out with this month's Q&A!

Previous Q&ANext Q&A

No comments:

Search Function!

Custom Search