Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Fall of the Wall and Broken Glass

I know this isn't Joe-, comic-, or toy-related, but I feel it's important, so I'm posting it.

It's been 20 years since the fall of the Berlin Wall which tore Germany apart. I think it's worth mentioning as this was an important historic event. I'm sure you guys probably have some kind of personal connection to it, as well. For me, I have a few friends who own pieces of wall, a friend who was named after it, and it was torn down in the year of my birth.

Last night (night between November 9 and 10) marked the 71st anniversary of Kristallnacht, the Night of Broken Glass, which, to many people, marked the beginning of the Holocaust. Shop windows were smashed, synagogues defaced, people were beaten and killed. And it only got worse. Let's make sure this sort of state-sponsored hate-fuelled travesty never occurs again.

With that in mind, I'm going to go play with toys and take photos of them for the Internet.

No comments:

Search Function!

Custom Search